1. Fry onion, add cloves and bay leaves, cumin, cardamom pods, fenugreek coriander and cumin seeds. Stir in well.
2. Have tomatoes ready, tin opened. Add turmeric and chilli to pan. Stir.
3. Add tomatoes, preferably just before the chilli catches .
4. Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add chunks of toothfish cheeks and simmer gently for another 8-10 minutes.
6. Serve with rice or flat breads.
As always, Toothfish cheeks are perfect for curry. No need to worry about overcooking a bit as the firm texture of the fish holds together.
Recipe creator Rupert Jarvis describes the method as "dead easy" and the result as absolutely delicious. This curry reheats really well, so it pays to make a bit extra for an easy lunch the next day. Enjoy!
Toothfish has a high unsaturated fat content, releasing rich Omega-3 fatty acids when cooked, these contribute to brain and visual development in children, and contribute to the maintenance of normal cardiac function in adults. Toothfish is a good source of protein, which contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass and bone health.